8/22/2013 Screening Job Candidates Through Social Media: The Risks and Rewards (Webinar)
August 14, 2013
EmployeeScreenIQ’s chief marketing officer and executive vice president, Nick Fishman, will be leading an Expert Connection webinar for NetShare on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM EST entitled “Screening Job Candidates Through Social Media: The Risks and Rewards”. Those interested in attending can register here.
Class Description: Employers face a dilemma – should they use social media to screen job candidates? With lawsuits threatening employers that use social media inappropriately, what should you do?
Sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter (three of the most ubiquitous) can offer a trove of information about candidates – the jobs they’ve held, endorsements and criticisms from past employers, political and religious affiliations, the list goes on and on. And then there are the photographs and video clips. All of these sources can be powerful tools for learning about job candidates. But employers are conflicted on whether to use these tools for screening purposes – and they should be. The potential risks and legal ramifications are profound.
This webinar addresses three essential legal concerns: privacy, discrimination and accuracy. And for those that lean toward using this practice, we provide the seven do’s and don’ts of social media screening. With differing views on this trend, this webinar will speak to both sides and help you answer the question …do the rewards outweigh the risks when screening candidates on social media?
In this 90 minute webinar, you will learn:
- The use of social media in the HR world.
- The essential legal considerations for social media screening.
- Seven dos & don’ts for employers who want to use it.
- The risks if your company does not use social media.
- The benefits of using social sites for screening candidates.
- How to remain an employer of choice.
- Best practices for your company.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- SterlingBackcheck Acquires EmployeeScreenIQ, a Global Provider of Background Screening Services - November 3, 2015
- Many Employers Not in Compliance With EEOC Criminal Records Guidance, EmployeeScreenIQ Research Shows - October 21, 2015
- The EEOC’s Criminal Background Screening Guidance 3 Years Later - October 8, 2015