This Week in Background Checks 3/8/2009
March 12, 2009
- Workplace Violence Prevention: Assessing the Risk to Your Business by Barry Nixon, Executive Director at the National Institute for Prevention of Workplace Violence
- Take It Outside: The Benefits of Workforce Management by Anthony Petraco, President & CEO at Valiant Solution, Inc.
- Why Employers Should Reconsider Facebook Fishing by Jackie Ford, Labor and Employment Attorney at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease
- Hawaii House Bill 31 Threatens Use of Credit Reports
- Connecticut House Bill 5521 Threatens Us of Credit Reports
- Town of New Haven, CT removes “The Box”
- New Mexico House Bill 103 Threatens to Remove Personal Identifier from Court Records
- California Hospital Hires Rapist through Outside Contractor
- Can employment at disgraced financial institution hurt job seekers?
- Are Negative Employment Reference Recommended?
For those of you brave enough to listen to the podcast version of this update, happy listening! As my favorite sports writer, Tony Kornheiser likes to say, “We’ll try to do better next time.”
Nick Fishman is the co-founder of EmployeeScreenIQ, a leading, global employment background screening provider, and serves as the company’s executive vice president and chief marketing officer. He pioneered the creation of EmployeeScreen University, the #1 educational resource on employment background checks for human resources, security and risk management professionals. A recognized industry expert, Nick is a frequent author, presenter and contributor to the news media. Nick is also a licensed private investigator in the states of Ohio and Texas.
Latest posts by Nick Fishman (see all)