EmployeeScreenIQ Releases 2011 Survey of “Trends in Employment Background Screening”
May 16, 2011
2011 has become a year of litigation and legislation that should concern any employer that conducts employment background checks.
EmployeeScreenIQ’s second annual survey report dives into these and other heated subjects. Nearly 800 HR professionals shared their views about background checks and how they influence the hiring process – as well as insights about the trends and challenges that will shape the future of employment background screening.
The experts at EmployeeScreenIQ have compiled the findings into a 14-page report that includes:
- How employers respond when a background check reveals negative information
- Concerns about new and upcoming state laws that restrict credit checks
- Concerns about increased hiring discrimination scrutiny by the EEOC
- How background checks influence the hiring process
- The risks of social media screening
Respondents also share their perspective about topical issues such as credit reports, criminal records, drug testing, and much more.