Background Check Turkeys
November 25, 2009
In honor of my favorite holiday of the year, I give you this year’s Background Check Turkeys: Those people who thought they could fool us all as well as those who have gotten fooled. These are my favorites from the past few months. Enjoy!
- Nurse Betty Not Really A Nurse– This nurse of the year recipient was missing a little something from her qualifications.
- VH1 Show “Megan Wants a Millionaire”– How a flawed background check led to tragic consequences.
- Rochville University– Education made so easy a dog could do it. Just ask Chester Ludlow.
- University of Akron– We’re all for thorough background checks, but DNA? Really?
- President Barack Obama’s Administration– “Green Jobs” Czar looking for a new job. Hope his next employer decides to run a background check.
- EmployeeScreenIQ’s Jason Morris– We’ve spent a lot of time this year discussing diploma mills, but Jason’s video on how he got a fake degree takes the cake. Jason, the Oscar’s aren’t calling!