Blog Roll: 10 Most Ridiculous Resume Lies
October 1, 2008
Some job applicants exaggerate previous accomplishments or fudge dates to cover unemployment gaps. Others use fibs that are much less subtle.
Here are the 10 most ridiculous lies recruiters have caught, courtesy of a recent CareerBuilder survey:
1. Claiming to be a member of the Kennedy family.
2. Listing a degree from a fake school.
3. Including a photograph — of someone else.
4. Claiming to a member of Mensa.
5. Listing military experience dating back to before the candidate was born.
Latest posts by Jason Morris (see all)
- Flaw in Employment Background Check Law is Hurting Candidates - August 28, 2014
- NAPBS Conference Focuses on Criminal Background Checks - April 15, 2014
- WSJ op-ed Writer on Syria Fired For Lying on Her Resume - September 11, 2013