EmployeeScreenIQ serves an impressive roster of clients ranging from Fortune 100 organizations to mid-size corporations representing a diversity of industries . So whether you employ people in Pennsylvania, throughout the United States or in over 200 countries abroad, we are your one stop shop for employment background checks.
Listed below are some things that those who conduct employee background checks in the state of Pennsylvania should know.
The state of Pennsylvania has 67 counties.
State Court Structure
- Trial Courts: The Pennsylvania courts of common pleas are the state trial courts of general jurisdiction. There are 60 judicial districts, 53 comprising one of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties, and seven comprising two counties.
- Appellate Courts: The state of Pennsylvania has two intermediate appellate courts, the Commonwealth Court and the Superior Court.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania: The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania is the state supreme court and court of last resort. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court consists of seven justices.
Federal Court Structure
- United States District Court for the Pennsylvania Eastern District Court
- United States District Court for the Pennsylvania Middle District Court
- United States District Court for the Pennsylvania Western District Court
- Federal cases in Pennsylvania are appealed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Ban the Box
- Pennsylvania does not have a statewide ban the box law.
- City and County Ban the Box: Lancaster, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh
Other Limitations on Screening for Employers
Employers may only consider criminal convictions if they directly relate to a person’s suitability for a job.
Pennsylvania does not have a medical marijuana law.
There are no laws in the state of Pennsylvania that restrict or limit private employers from accessing and requesting employee/candidate log in information for personal social media accounts.