Time for another installment of employeescreenIQ’s TWIB Notes (This Week in Background Checks)! I can already feel the excitement from our readers (hi Mom!).
This week’s post is especially exciting because earlier today, Jason Morris and I recorded a podcast version of the notes, so if you couldn’t get enough of the written post, go ahead and super size it with our Podcast Channel. The week of August 18th brings us the following:
Highlights from employeescreen University:
- Guest Article from Kristy Megna at iCIMS, A New Era in Talent Management
- Release of The Verifier XVI, our company newsletter
- employeescreenIQ’s Rob Thomson writes about using adverse information in your hiring decision
- HR Executive Article about Continuous Employment Background Checks
From the Blog:
- Madison Square Garden Sued Over Background Check- Woman sues MSG for discrimination in hiring practices
- Madison Square Garden Sued Over Background Check Revisited- Okay, so I had the greatest intentions with my first post. But I made one mistake. Check it out.
- New Jersey Shifts Gears on Diploma Mills- I guess they decided that looking the other way was a bad idea.
- Texas State Database Not All It’s Cracked Up to Be- Who knew that a state repository wasn’t a complete one-stop shop for criminal records??? (okay, you got the sarcasm, right?)
That’s all I’ve got. I’m going to pretend to work for a couple more hours today. Have a great weekend!
Don’t forget to have your pets spade or neutered! (What, I can’t steal from Bob Barker?)
Listen to the podcast here: