This Week in Background Checks: Week of 9/22/08
September 26, 2008
Happy Friday! I’ll dispose of our normal intro to this segment and jump right into this week’s TWIB Notes (This Week in Background Checks). Here’s what you missed:
- White Paper: employeescreenIQ’s Guide to Identifying Diploma Mills and Other Fake Academic Credentials– This free white paper is a must for employers who want to reduce the opportunity of hiring those with fake degrees.
- Nevada Agency Releases Flawed Background Checks– Evidently the state was using the wrong criteria for making hiring decisions and denied employment to many who should have qualified. To make matters worse, they never notified applicants’ as to why they were denied employment
- Proposed Legislation in Pennsylvania Could Lead to More Expunged Records
- International Recruiting- American nurses are in short supply! Should overseas candidate’s be screened?
- employeescreenIQ Named to Fastest Growing Company List for 4th Consecutive Year– Just living the dream!
That’s all we’ve got. See you next week. For those masochists out there, check out our podcast of this week’s TWIB Notes below.