This Week In Background Checks: 8/25
August 29, 2008
We’re happy to provide this week’s TWIB Notes as you head into your Labor Day Weekend. In case you missed our various blog posts and employeescreen University news and notes, here’s a recap of the highlights:
- More Fallout from St. Regis Diploma Mill Scam– Poor Regis University is caught in the aftermath
- Background Checks in Schools- We finally found a positive story about background checks in school. As we send our kids back to school, usually scratch our heads and ask why schools can’t get this right
- Many state of Louisiana Parishes have announced court closures as they brace for Hurricane Gustav
- All U.S. Courts will be closed for Labor Day Monday, September 1st
- California Employers Beware on AB 2918 – If passed this bill would severely restrict the use of employment credit reports by California employers.
That’s all I’ve got! Have a great long, happy and safe Labor Day weekend.
Listen to the TWIB Podcast below: