Podcast: This Week in Background Checks 1/30/2009
January 30, 2009
So, I think we need to change the name of our podcast series from “This Week in Background Checks” to “Podcast When We Feel Like It”. I guess we could make a New Year’s resolution to do this more frequently, but it’s too late in the year for resolutions at this point. So, if you weren’t following our blog or visiting employeescreen University, here’s what you missed.
- We’ve released the latest version of our quarterly newsletter, The Verifier. Topics include:
- New York State Correction Law Takes Effect February 1, 2009– Check out our podcast with Seyfarth Shaw’s Pam Devata
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished for Microsoft Corporation– See why they got in hot water over a conditional job offer.
- Employment Mills?– And you thought identifying Diploma Mills was challenging.
- NAPBS Accreditation– Sorry, no snarky comments for this. This is a great thing for employers and our industry.
And that’s all she wrote. Have a great weekend!