6/28/2010 Survey: Employment Background Checks Spike in Popularity Among U.S. Employers (PRWeb)
June 29, 2010
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) June 28, 2010 — Employment background checks have become an integral part of the hiring process and will only increase in popularity, according to survey findings released by EmployeeScreenIQ.
The global background screening provider surveyed more than 600 HR professionals between April and May 2010. Their response revealed that employment screening has become a widespread practice: of the companies surveyed, 92 percent currently perform background checks. Of that majority, 70 percent use them for over 80 percent of their hires. Additionally, 70 percent of respondents said that background checks have increased in importance in recent years.
Another key finding: while many job applicants’ credit histories have been ravaged by the recession, only a third of the respondents view credit checks as a high priority in the hiring process.
These findings and much more have been compiled into a 14-page report, titled Trends in Employment Background Screening. Other topics include:
– Employer perspectives on emerging issues
– Laws to protect job applicants
– Attitudes of hiring managers and candidates
– Resume fraud, social networking and the use of contract workers
The complimentary report also features a sampling of comments from respondents, providing a candid glimpse into employers’ opinions. To download a copy, visit http://www.employeescreen.com/trends.asp
“This report is a must-read for employers who need to understand the trends and challenges that are transforming the world of background checks,” said Nick Fishman, chief marketing officer of EmployeeScreenIQ. “The job market is still intensely competitive and some applicants have resorted to extreme measures to land the ideal job. More than ever, companies can’t afford to make a bad hire.”
For an engaging commentary on the survey findings, a new podcast interview with EmployeeScreenIQ’s Nick Fishman is available athttp://blog.employeescreen.com/podcast-on-background-screening-survey-results/
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- SterlingBackcheck Acquires EmployeeScreenIQ, a Global Provider of Background Screening Services - November 3, 2015
- Many Employers Not in Compliance With EEOC Criminal Records Guidance, EmployeeScreenIQ Research Shows - October 21, 2015
- The EEOC’s Criminal Background Screening Guidance 3 Years Later - October 8, 2015