Integrating the Candidate Experience & Saving Time
August 13, 2014
Want to save time and improve the candidate experience? Look no further than streamlining your background screening program with an applicant tracking system (ATS). Whether you’re seeking to understand compliance best practices for your current system, or simply want to learn more about how an ATS can significantly save you time and improve the candidate experience—listen as our experts discuss the benefits of integration.
Wondering what some of the benefits of an applicant tracking system are or wondering if there’s anything you can do better? Watch our brief video and take a look at the overview below.
Don’t Double Your Work
By using an ATS, employers don’t have to enter information into multiple systems. When you integrate with your background screening provider, you can also avoid incorrectly entered data that could be detrimental to the background check results (such as a date of birth).
Seamless for the Applicant
Candidate experience will improve when you’re integrated, as there is less confusion on their end and allows for the background check to come back faster.
Save Time & Money
Sounds like it’s easier said than done? With the right ATS, you can achieve both of these, and also improve the hiring experience for your candidate.
A huge benefit of integration is the technology. A few examples include:
- The ability to use a mouse signature is just one way the candidate experience is greatly improved. Employers don’t have to reach out for a wet signature in cases where something more than an electronic signature is required.
- An ATS also has “smarter forms” that can prevent mistakes. In addition, employers can customize forms by state so that if a certain law is in effect—like ban the box—your form will be compliant.
- And lastly, the all-important question “Can we contact your current employer?” can appear on the form and an applicant can choose whether or not they want their current employment verified.
You know background checks are costly and timely—so making sure you account for everyone’s needs is important. Ensure that everyone is on the same page including, your company, the integration partner, and background screening provider.
- You Had Me at Hello: Background Screening, Your Brand, and the Candidate Experience
- Applicants Do the Darndest Things
Quick Takes is a video series blending together bits of experience and expertise from EmployeeScreenIQ’s background screening experts. With a newsroom feel, discussions surround the latest issues in the background screening industry. All of the videos were filmed unscripted-giving you the opportunity to hear genuine responses from the professionals. Topics range from social media background checks to conducting a thorough criminal records search. We’re releasing a new video every month, so stay tuned.