Employment Screening in 2015: Background Screening Trends & Practices
April 28, 2015
For the sixth consecutive year, EmployeeScreenIQ surveyed U.S.-based employers regarding their use of employment background checks. More than 500 HR professionals participated and boy did we get our money’s worth!
As with our previous surveys, the 2015 survey was designed to provide a reliable snapshot of:
- How employers currently utilize employment background checks.
- How they respond to adverse findings on background checks.
- Their paramount background screening-related concerns.
- And their practices concerning Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) responsibilities, Equal Employment Opportunity
Want to learn how are other organizations handling today’s tough background screening decisions? Read the summary report of our sixth annual survey, “Employment Screening in 2015: Background Screening Trends & Practices,” and LEARN:
- What 51% of employers say is their top background screening challenge.
- How common it is for employers to ask candidates to self-disclose criminal histories on employment applications.
- The rates at which employers disqualify candidates for background checks that reveal criminal convictions.
The results may just cause you to rethink your screening strategies!